In this post, I going to look at the features of the most popular image optimization plugins. Besides making users more engaged, WordPress Images have great SEO value. It is, therefore, a good practise to Speed up your Images.
If you are concerned about your page load time, then you must take image optimization very serious. In various speed testing tools (like Google PageSpeed insight, Gmetrix, Pingdom and WebPage Test), the size of your images affects your score.
In my quest to reduce the sizes of the requests on my site, I have experimented with so many WordPress plugins. I have come to the conclusion that indeed some plugins are far better than others.
In this article, I will list the top 10 best Image Optimisation Plugins For WordPress and their important features. Ensure not to use more than one WordPress image Optimisation Plugin at a time.
10 Best Image Optimization Plugins For WordPress
- WP Smush (1+ Million Installs)
- EWWW Image Optimizer (800,000+ Installs)
- Imagify (300,000+ Installs)
- Kraken Image Optimizer (40,000+ Installs)
- TinyPNG (200,000+ Installs)
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer (200,000+ Installs)
- reSmush (100,000+ Installs)
- Optimus (60,000+ Installs)
- Media File Renamer (40,000+ Installs)
- Autoptimize Image Optimisation (1+ Million Installs)
- Can optimize JPEG, PNG and GIF.
- It is very easy to install and use.
- It can automatically optimize all your existing and new images.
- It has both a free and paid version.
- Lazy load Images
- You can optimize images individually.
EWWW Image Optimizer
- Can optimize new and existing images.
- It speeds up your site without reducing the quality.
- Optimization occurs within your own server.
- Offers a cloud optimization feature.
- It is from the developer of Wp-Rocket plugin.
- It supports bulk optimization.
- It allows image resizing.
- It has a backup option.
Kraken Image Optimizer
- It enables image resizing.
- It keeps backup of original images in cloud.
- Supports JPEG, GIF and PNG.
- Preserves selective inage EXIF data.
- Automatic compression for new images.
- No file size limit
- Bulk optimization
- Resize image features
ShortPixel Image Optimizer
- It helps improve the loading speed of your site
- It optimizes your images without affecting quality
- It supports both lossy and lossless compression
- You need to get an API which you can use for more than one site.
- Restores original images
- Compresses JJPG, PNG and GIF files up to 5MB.
- Bulk operation to optimize all your pictures in 2 clicks
- Different level of image optimisation
- It has both free and paid version
- It supports PNG and JPEG
- Supports Progressive JPEG
- Supports WebP conversion
- Can optimize Images up to 70%
Media File Renamer
- Renames your files by updating their title.
- Automatically update image links
- It boosts your SEO.
Autoptimize Image Optimisation
- Optimize images on the fly and serve them from Shortpixel’s global CDN
- Lazy-load images
That all for the “Best WordPress Image Optimization Plugins” Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to share with your friends and don’t fail to let me know how you feel using the comment box
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Post UTME Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session [UPDATED] - 18 June 2021
- Federal College of Education Pankshin (FCE) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 - 17 June 2021
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) Post UTME / DE Screening Form for 2020/2021 - 17 June 2021