50 Key Points To Blast Biology in JAMB
What does Jamb set in Biology? I am going to share very important Biology key points in Jamb. The 50 points will cover every topic in Jamb Biology. However, the key points will not be arranged topic by topic. You may want to click here for key points in Jamb in physics.
These hot key points to blast Biology will help achieve the following:
- prepare for your Jamb, Waec and Post Utme examinations
- keep you updated on key points and likely questions that can be asked in these examinations
- help you cover up more grounds in your reading.
Key Points in Biology to Blast Jamb
- The retina is the part of the eye that is sensitive to light.
- Pollination is the transfer of pollen grains from the anther to the stigma of a flower.
- The number of offspring produced from a mitotic division is Two.
- Large vacuoles are absent in animal cells but present in plant cells along with Chloroplast and cellulose cell wall while Chromosomes occur in both.
- The energy released during cellular respiration is stored in the form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
- At the end of mitosis, the number of cells produced is four.
- During inspiration, the diaphragm contracts and flattens out simultaneously as the rib muscles contract, causing the ribs to be raised.
- Each kidney is connected with the bladder by a Ureter.
- The structural similarities in Paramecium and Euglena are in the presence of anterior and posterior ends.
- The oxygen given off during photosynthesis is gotten from Water.
- The long necks and legs of the present-day giraffes were some of the basis of Lamarck’s Theory of Evolution.
- The pancreas secretes insulin a hormone that controls excess sugar in the blood.
- Anemometer is used for measuring wind speed.
- The mitochondrion is the site for the production of ATP.
- Dry weight is the mass of the weight of an organism after all the water has been removed. It is the most accurate measurement of organic masses and weight.
- Amoeba moves with pseudopodia otherwise known as “false feet”.
- Soil permeability refers to how easily water passes through the soil.
- The processes involved in the water cycle are Evaporation, Condensation and Precipitation.
- Sahel savanna is in the drier regions to the north of the Sudan savanna, in the northeastern part of Nigeria.
- The earthworm possesses a hydrostatic skeleton.
Read Also: Complete Jamb syllabus for biology
21. The factors that produce character in living organisms are Genes. Genes are character producing in an organism.
22. Phytoplankton has the highest biomass in a food chain
23. The hierarchy of organic evolution in a plant: Schizophyta, thalophyta, bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta.
24. Gestation is a period of time in which a zygote develops to the time of birth.
25. Binary fission is a mode of production which is common to both paramecium and amoeba.
Key Points in Biology to blast Jamb
26. The pancreas secretes hormone which controls excess sugar in the blood.
27. Plasmodium needs supporting cellular machinery to survive as it is not a free-living organism.
28. In a food chain on land, green plant is the producer.
29. Neurons that receive stimuli from receptors are called sensory neurones.
30. The cerebrum controls voluntary movement and interpretation.
31. When a person moves from a dark room into a bright light, the pupils become smaller
32. Water makes up about 77.5% of the living protoplasm in various living things.
33. Wildlife conservation is enhanced by discouraging elimination of endangered species.
34. In humans, sex is determined by the difference in the nature of X and Y chromosomes in the male.
35. The structure of the ear which is responsible for balancing is the semicircular canals.
36. Chorion is the outer layer that surrounds both the embryo and the yolk sack.
37. Which of these is not a type of fingerprint?
38. The opening and closing of the stomata is by Osmosis
39. Hermaphrodite has both male and female reproductive organs.
40. Flooding and earthquakes are part of abiotic factors that control the human population.
41. Clay soil has the highest water-retaining capacity.
42. An organism that has been extensively used to test the chromosome theory of heredity is Drosophila Melanogaster.
43. The mitochondria is the reservoir for energy in the cell.
44. Inbreeding involves the crossing of individuals of the same species, especially over many generations.
45. The phloem tissues transport manufactured food from the leaves mainly to other parts of the plant either for use or for storage.
46. Fossil records require the use of carbon dating to prove that evolution has occurred.
47. Melanin is the pigment that gives skin, hair, and eyes their color. Melanin is produced by cells called melanocytes.
48. The tissue is a group of cells that are similarly arranged together to perform a specific function.
49. The presence of a four-chambered heart is a characteristic feature of mammals.
50. Morphological variation refers to the noticeable physical appearance of individuals to the same species.
51. Possession of four limbs, countershading of coat colour and development of long tails are
adaptive features for arboreal life .
52. Nitrobacter converts nitrites (from ammonia) to nitrates. Azobacter is a nitrifying bacteria .
53. The number of offspring produced from a mitotic division is Two .
54. Large vacuoles are absent in animal cells but present in plant cell along with Chloroplast and cellulose cell wall while Chromosomes occur in both.
55. The energy released during cellular respiration is stored in the form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
56. At the end of mitosis , the number of cells produced is four.
57. During inspiration, the diaphragm contracts and flattens out simultaneously as the rib muscles contract, causing the ribs to be raised.
58. Each kidney is connected with the bladder by a Ureter.
59. The structural similarities in Paramecium and Euglena are in the presence of anterior and posterior ends.
60. The oxygen given off during photosynthesis is gotten from Water.
Recommended: How to study for long hours without losing concentration
Hope you find this jamb key points helpful? Don’t forget to share and leave your comments Below.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
E. SCHOLARSHIP AND OPPORTUNITIES
G. Trending Affiliate Marketing Tips
Hey speedy Learner! I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Education Consultant, Web & Software Developer.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
E. SCHOLARSHIP AND OPPORTUNITIES
will this question come out in main jamb 2023
Thanks for this.
it’s really helpful
Glad it was helpful