What is Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) how does it work and what benefits do i stand to gain from this innovation?
What is JAMB CAPS?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is an admission processing platform created by jamb to ensure quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
JAMB has developed the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) to automate the Admissions Process into the tertiary institutions where UTME and Direct Entry candidates can accept or reject their admission offer.
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
How the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) Works
let’s break this into Steps…
On jamb caps each school have a dashboard, This dashboard is manage by the school’s ICT unit or admission officers. The school’s admission officer will have to set the admission criteria of their schools and the admission quota of the school on the dashboard.
The Admission Officers will set the General UTME cut-off marks, the UTME Cut-off mark for each course or programme, Post-UTME screening cut-off marks, O’level grading as well as other admission criteria the school wants to use in selecting.
The Admission officers will determine the percentage for each of the different admission criteria set on the system. eg UTME Score =50%, Post-UTME Score = 30% etc (note that the total percentage is 100).
This system will automatically rank and list the candidates that are qualified for admission in the school based on the criteria the school has set in the caps system.
Once this is done, the system will automatically rank and list the candidates that are qualified for admission in the school based on the criteria the school has set in the system.
A proposed admission list would now be made available by the system which the school admission officer is to be downloaded and sent to all the principal officers of the school for approval. If the school rejects a candidate on the list, a reason has to be given.
With the approval of the list, the final list of candidates is re-uploaded on the JAMB portal. JAMB will now notify the candidates on the list of their admission.
Candidates are to either accept or reject the admission as soon as possible. This means that if the school of your choice offers you admission into a course different from the one you applied to study or you no longer want to gain admission in the school, you have the right to reject the admission. If on the other hand, you want to be admitted in the school, you just go ahead and accept the admission.
If you reject the admission, your profile and details become available in the marketplace for other institutions that can accept the qualification you have for the course you intend to study to offer you admission.
Once any school offers you admission and you accept the admission, you have been automatically admitted in the school. You no longer have the privilege to reject the admission and be put in the marketplace for other institutions to consider you for admission. You either take it or wait for another year.
Benefits of JAMB CENTRAL ADMISSIONS PROCESSING SYSTEM To Candidates And Other Stake Holders
- The system will help in ensuring that schools maintain almost a uniform academic calendar
- This system will increase the chances of candidates being offered admission through the “CAPS Market Place”
- A Student’s status can be updated throughout their academic life in the Institution (Admission deferment, transfer, withdrawal, rustication, expulsion, and death)
- It prevents back door admission in the sense that only candidates that select and accept admission from an institution will be admitted by the institution.
- The system enables JAMB to verify the O’level results uploaded by candidates directly from the examination bodies like WAEC, NECO And (NABTEB) etc…
Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal via this link above
This guide will show you how to upload your O’level results on CENTRAL ADMISSIONS PROCESSING SYSTEM(CAPS), Click on the link.
I hope you find this article helpful ?. Share it with someone who you think needs it. Use any social media button.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- Jamb Caps Market Place: Check If Other Schools Have Considered You For Admission
- JAMB CAPS Admission Transfer Approval Portal 2020/2021
- Check Jamb Admission Status on jamb Caps (2022 STEPS)
- 15 Jamb Caps Frequently Asked Questions & Accurate Answers
- Jamb Caps Shows Not Admitted But School admitted me
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.