A lot of Direct entry applicants are not aware of how to check their admission status, especially through the JAMB portal, this guide will answer questions like how will you know if JAMB has offered you admission? How will a DE candidate know a university has offered him or her admission?
The JAMB admission is literally no different from the school admission both must give you an admission before you’re a bonified admitted student.
I’m going to show you simple steps, guidelines on how to check your Direct entry admission status on the JAMB CAPS Portal or your school website without stress.
One quick way to know when a school has offered admission is through the JAMB CAPS. This is a system designed by the Matriculation and Examination Board to monitor admission activities of all universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and innovative enterprise institutes.
- Go to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility../ ↱.
- Log in with your JAMB EMAIL and PASSWORD.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab or CAPS.
- Select your Exam year.
- Enter your JAMB Registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your admission status.
Not Offered Admission Yet? Keep monitoring your status.
You need to understand that the Admission List will be published in batches on the JAMB portal as they are processed.
How To Check Your Direct Entry Admission Status On School Portal
University has a dedicated page, news corner, link, or portal through which DE applicants, can be visiting from time to time to monitor their admission status.
While your university is still compiling the lists, you may just be seeing NOT ADMITTED on the school’s portal. That doesn’t mean you will not be admitted. That’s the message every other DE applicant will be seeing while the compilation of lists is still ongoing.
- Log on to your School of Choice Official Website.
- Locate Admission Checker portal or Menu.
- Follow the Screen Guidelines.
- Using Your JAMB Registration Number.
- Finally, Check if you have been offered ADMISSION or NOT.
Will jamb and school offer admission at the same time?
Just like the UTME candidates, DE aspirants may not be offered admissions at the same time by the universities and JAMB. One of the two parties may be faster.
The university may be quicker to update its list on the admission portal, while you’re yet to see any good news from JAMB.
JAMB, as well, might be faster to update the lists on her portal while you’re yet to see the same on the school admission portal.
In either case, there is no need to panic. It’s very usual to see one being faster in offering admissions before the other.
What you need here is PATIENCE. Wait for the other to offer you admission.
After Accepting Direct Entry Admission What Next?
After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
- First, find out the amount that is requiring to be paid as an acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you.
- Note that if you do not pay the acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else.
- The next information you need to find out is school fees for your course or faculty so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible.
- Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to the student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school.
- This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc.
- You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even from your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion.
I hope you find this article helpful ? Share it with someone who you think needs it. Use any social media button.
Sources: https://schoolbeginner.com/, https://www.schoolcontents.info, https://google.com/
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?