CTR (Click Through Rate) in Google Adsense is one of those factors that plays an important role in generating money and retaining the advertisers in all niches.
Today we will dive into the world of CTR and understand what it is.
What is CTR?
CTR stands for Click Though rate. In simple words, it means the number of times an advertisement is clicked divided by the number of times advertisement, ad unit or the page containing advertisement is viewed.
- CTR = Number of clicks / Number of exposures.
- CTR% = Number of clicks * 100 / # of exposures
If you display one Google AdSense ad unit on your blog and it is shown 100 times and if visitors clicked on it 2 times; then you’re getting 2% CTR.
I have noticed on social media and most blogs, Some bloggers claim to have CTR rate of 20% or above. All this is a lie. Such high CTR rates can not be achieved without playing tricks and doing manipulations (like ads in floating DIV or altering look of ads with CSS). Google badly punishes such attempts of unnaturally increasing CTR. Click-through rate of 2-3% is good. Even up to 5% is also good. But if it is higher than 5%, you should be concerned. This is because Google will take notice of such high CTR and will look deep into your website. If it finds that you’re violating AdSense policies, your AdSense account could blocked forever.
4 Tips to Increase Your Adsense CTR (Click Through Rate) and CPC (Cost Per Click)
Learning how to increase Google AdSense CLICK THROUGH RATE is perhaps one way to you can double your income from your existing traffic but ensure it is not higher than 5%.
- Create The Right Kind Of Content For Adsense
- Place at least 2 ads within the post content
- Use Red Instead of Blue ads
- Use Text & Image Based Ad
I will be coming up with more topics on Google Adsense to make your AdSense experience better. If you don’t want to miss any of it subscribe to speedyminds feeds.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- Increase Adsense RPM by 20%(10 Hot Ways To Boost It)
- How Much Money One Can Earn From Google AdSense?
- Adsense HeatMap: Best Google Adsense Placement Guide
- How to Increase Your Google AdSense Revenue (40 Easy Tips)
- Google AdSense Complete Guide: Start Making Money Now
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.