A lot of students ask questions such as;
How do I stop falling asleep while reading? Why do I fall asleep while reading?
is it okay to fall asleep while reading?
Why do I get sleepy while studying? Worry no more because I am about to share the possible reasons you feel sleepy while studying, I will also let you know the possible solutions.
the following are possible reasons why you feel sleepy immediately you pick up a nice book to read.
lack of sleep
The main cause of feeling sleepy while studying is not getting enough sleep at night. Sleeping 7 to 8 hours every night is mandatory to keep in good health.
Do not oversleep or under-sleep and stick to a sleeping schedule so that your brain is prepared to start feeling sleepy at the same time each night.
Whenever you feel too sleepy, take a break from studies and go for a 20- to 30-minute power nap.solution
You Just Finished Eating
As you return to your study after eating, you may wonder: Why do I feel like sleeping and lazy instead of much energy to read? It is normal to feel a little sleepy after eating lunch while your food digests.
The following are ways you can cure dizziness after eating:
- Choose foods that take longer to digest, such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. High-sugar foods and refined carbohydrates (like white bread, white rice, and potatoes) digest rapidly and increase the risks for postprandial hypotension.
- Drink plenty of water, especially before a meal. Drinking a glass or two of water can increase the amount of blood volume in a person’s body so that their blood pressure is less likely to drop.
- Eat several small meals in a day instead of a few large meals. Because the body uses more energy and blood flow to digest a large meal, eating small meals can reduce dizziness after eating.
- Get up slowly during the first hour after eating as this is the time when dizziness after eating is most likely to occur.
- Avoid foods known to trigger dizziness such as caffeine, alcohol, and high-sodium foods.
Too Comfortable Environment
It is good to study in a place that is best conducive for you. But studying in a too comfortable environment sends a signal to your brain that it is time to sleep. The following are conducive situations that would make you fall asleep immediately you start reading:
- On top of your bed
- a warm armchair
- Extremely quiet environment
- under an air conditioner, etc
sit on a desk and chair with your back straight. Use bright lights to stay awake and focused while studying.solution
Recommended: 20 things to do when you don’t feel like reading
You are Tired
One of the reasons you feel dizzy immediately you open a book to read is that you force yourself to read even while you are exhausted. Reading is supposed to be enjoyed and not endured.
All you have to do if you are tired is just REST!!!solution
The Book is not Entering
Nothing makes you frustrated and dizzy when the book you are reading is not even entering.
So many candidates try hard to study for their examinations but it appears that what they are reading isn’t entering.
Reading aloud can keep you more engaged than reading in your mind which will help you understand sharp sharp.solution
You Have Been Online For Long
Never mix social networks with reading. After spending hours on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snap chat, it becomes difficult to engage in active reading. This is because your brain has already adapted to the fun part of life. Instead, read before you start pressing phone. This is based on my personal experience.
Most times, reading with an earpiece can help you overcome the initial urge to sleep. Click here for more information on whether or not to study while playing music.
Finally, jotting down points while reading keeps you awake.
Recommended: 6 Bad Habits that every Student should Avoid
Hope you found this article helpful? Feel free to share with others and don’t fail to let me know how you feel via the comment box.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- 6 Hot Ways A Dullard Can Pass Jamb in 2022 - 23 September 2021
- Gregory University Uturu (GUU) Post-UTME Screening Form for 2021 - 3 September 2021
- 15 Questions To Ask Yourself And Stay Motivated During Your Tough Times - 1 September 2021