Heading Tags: Today we shall discuss a topic that will boost your website SEO and take it to a next level and as usual welcome to another phase of Learning BLOGGING and SEO, I remain your devoted teacher Law P.
As a new blogger, you certainly have come across and even used h1, h2 and h3 headings in your blog posts. You begin to wonder whether you are even using the WordPress heading tags the way you ought to and you begin to ask questions like; how do I use H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6 tags in my new blog?
In this post, I will teach you how to use the various heading tags to make your blog posts more readable. Trust me, you will definitely benefit from this tutorial.
But before I continue, if you have missed my blogging lessons click here to get the latest update on my blogging tutorials.
H1, H2 And H3 Headings Tags
Heading tags are pretty important when it comes to styling of fonts and making your post to be easily understood, H1 is the most important heading tag while h6 is the least important.
Take a look at the pic below; it gives a clear picture of all important heading tags from h1 down to h6
Now you know the H1 tag is the most important so whenever you going to use it for your webpage heading just try to make it so that people get an idea about your website just by reading your heading. h1 tag should be in the way that interprets everything about your web page just in one shot.
Benefits Of Using H1, H2 And H3 Headings Tag
The benefits of using heading tags to organize your content is limitless; here are few that will put a smile on your face!
- It makes your article more readable.
- It improves your SEO.
- Headings make readers determine the order of importance of your idea.
- It makes your article simple and interesting.
- It gives reader a quick understanding of the facts you are trying to present.
- Search engines look for headings.
- Readers love headings.
How To Use Heading Tags Properly
H1 TAG: It is the maximum size heading at H1 usually reserved for the first level heading of a post or page or for important content on the homepage.
Your blog or post title is already in H1. Therefore, you do not need to add it in your post again. Your first heading in content should be H2 (Not compulsorily).
H2 TAG: Is used for breaking up the H1 content into easily digestible bits. I used H2 tag for the first heading in this post. I could as well use H3 tag.
H3 TAG: Use H3 for breaking up each H2 content. Rarely do headings reach the H4 level or beyond.
TITLE TAG: A title tag informs both users and search engines what the topic of a particular page is.
- H1 to H3 tags should suffice on most pages.
- Use the tags in numerical order H2, followed by H3, H4
- Ensure that your keyword is included in H2.
- You headings should not be too long.
Well, Heading tags are important for the proper On page SEO of your blog posts. One mistake which is common among newbie bloggers is; they will forget about H2 tag and focus on H3.
This kind of practice is not good & might hamper your On-page SEO score. learn more about On-page SEO.
Now over to you let me know your learning & understanding about Heading tags for SEO. How do you use Heading tags & why?
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- 15 SEO Tricks To Rank Higher (Beat Your Competitors)
- On-Page SEO: An In-Depth Guide For Beginners
- SEO Basics: Beginners guide to growing website traffic
- How Unique Content is Vital in Google’s Ranking
- Off-Page SEO:Ultimate Guide To Getting Quality Backlinks
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.