Hey dear! and welcome to another phase of Learning SEO and all about blogging, I am Lawrence Patrick (call me Law P)
In these phase, you will all everything about blogging and SEO
Now, you may be wondering, what is this blogging thing all about self? And where does SEO come in? Can’t I just blog without caring about SEO?
No more curiosity, I will give you all the answers you need
Fun: Make it Simple, Make it Memorable, Make it inviting to look at, make it fun to read.
You may be thinking what this phase will bring to the table? Well the fun quote from above has said it all
let me list the questions that will completely be answered in this phase:
- What Is Blogging Really All About And Who Is A Blogger?
- What Is The Difference Between A Blog And Website?
- Why blogging is so popular?
- Can you tell me what on Earth is SEO?
- How did you begin your blogging journey?
please NOTE: The entire lesson will be in the form of questions and answers. Trust me, I am going to make things interesting.
HINT: To make this tutorial more interesting and powerful, I will tap from the Idea of others. After all, one tree cannot make a forest.
What Is A Blog And Who Is a blogger?
This blogging of a thing self, how did it start and who e don help self? I know this what you are thinking.
Now, after all the hype, you are about to get the full picture of what blogging is about and how it all began.
Well, as familiar as you might be to what a “blog” is, there are people who hear it for the first time every single day and have no idea what it really is…JOHN do
John has spoken on my behalf but today it won’t be a new thing anymore to you
- A blog originally came from the word “weblog” or a “web log”.
- You can think of it as an online journal or diary, although blogs are used for much more now, like online journalism.
- A blogger is someone who blogs or writes content for a blog.
- Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog.
EVEN more Definition!
- A blog is a type of website which has posts appearing in reverse chronological order.
- Blog posts typically appear with the most recent blog post (or entry, post) first, just like a diary or journal.
- A blog is typically updated frequently and regularly, although there are some who are considered “slow bloggers”.
- Blogs typically have an area for people to comment or respond to the blog post.
- Blogs may also have other areas of content and links to other websites.
- Blogs can have individual authors or be a collection of authors.
- Blogs have a history or an archive of previous blog posts.
Who is a blogger?
A blogger is a person who owns or runs a blog or a person who maintains the blog. That is, posting articles or new posts, information, sharing the most up-to-date news, opinions and case studies to name but a few. Such entries are known as blog posts
To become a blogger, first, you most develop LOVE for your niche.
What Is The Difference Between A Blog And Website?
I used to think that a blog is the same thing as a Website. This is because many businesses use both, integrating them into a single web presence.
To me, I will define a blog to be an online diary, where content usually in a chronological order is presented to people.
Every now and then you will come across several posts telling you about a blog, many of these posts won’t tell you what a blog is really all about.
According to Flashlearners, there are two features of a blog that set it apart from a traditional website.
- Blogs are updated frequently. Whether it’s a mommy blog in which a woman shares adventures in parenting, a food blog sharing new recipes, or a business providing updates to its services, blogs have new content added several times a week.
2. Blogs allow for reader engagement. Blogs are often included in social media because of the ability for readers to comment and have a discussion with the blogger and others who read the blog makes it social.
Popularity Of Blogs & Blogging
Blogging is getting more exposure in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large why?
Well, this is because people are beginning to realize just how much owning a blog can help them!
Few of such reason are;
- Search engines love new content, and as a result, blogging is a great search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
- Blogging provides an easy way to keep your customers and clients up-to-date on what’s going on, let them know about new deals, and provide tips. The more a customer comes to your blog, the more likely they are to spend money.
- A blog allows you to build trust and rapport with your prospects. Not only can you show off what you know, building your expertise and credibility, but because people can post comments and interact with you, they can get to know you, and hopefully, will trust you enough to buy from you.
- Blogs can make money. Along with your product or service, blogs can generate money from advertising and affiliate marketing.
What kind of people should blog ?
Almost no limitations exist in regards to the types of people who create or can blog
Oh yes!…that is true
In the early Blogging days… people need the knowledge of coding to start a blog but you don’t have to because am here to help you!
what is SEO
I am sure this is what you want to know about. You have been hearing about this too often. Let’s face it!
For example, you want to know the meaning of LOVE. There is no dictionary with you or on your phone. You quickly open your Opera Mini or Chrome.
Now you type Love and get different results as shown below:
- You used Google or Microsoft Bing or even Yahoo to search; they are called search engines.
- The first result is from Wikipedia, it means Wikipedia is ranking the first position in search engine.
- All the websites ranking on the screenshot above are on the first page of Google.
- The more the SEO you do, the more your blog perform well on search engines and you will get traffic to your blog.
- The traffic you get from search engines is called organic traffic.
- Ranking factors are the rules that help you rank (Everything will be touch)
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the simple activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines for words and phrases relevant to what the site is offering.
Can I Do SEO Without A Blog?
Big Yes! You can do only SEO without having a blog and still make cool cash. In that case, you will be called an SEO expert or consultant.
At the end of our lesson, you will be qualified to be called an SEO consultant (Because I will teach you everything)
How i started my blogging journey
This is going to be lengthy but I think you would find it interesting if you really have
passion and want to learn something new!
Quote: For the things we have to learn before we can do them, We learn by doing themAristotle
I began speedyminds on August 15th 2019 and in my first year of blogging, I really enjoyed the response that I received and I will Share my experience with you.
I graduated out of secondary school and I began to think and make a hypothesis about life.
I didn’t write jamb in my final year of leaving School
thinking of so much time I have to spend at home and waiting the following year for jamb
I couldn’t stay idle and that was when the journey of self-discovery started.
Presently am studying computer engineering.
THE SKILL AND TALENT?:
I have learned a lot of skills and developed my talent through training.
Also, I have programming skills coupled with excellent reasoning, writing and typing skills.
AFTER SCHOOL WHAT NEXT?
Two things ran to my mind:
- Law P create a website (I never knew that I was talking about blog)
- Tell people that you are a web designer and show them your work so that they will believe that you can actually create a website.
I started on Blogger.com I spend 15 hours daily looking at the environment and try to understand what am Looking at
Since I was new to the system I created four sites in 1 week on blogger.com, after all, it was Free
I didn't know much about blogging and website but curiosity lead me to understand.
And I felt;
There was need for seriousness and put my work online… and that was when I knew about buying a domain and hosting.
The domain name I had in mind at first was Flashstudent.
This was as a result of my love for flashlearners. Becoming like flash Isaac was my daily slogan. Truly I became almost like ISSAC.
I stopped the flashstudent idea because a friend of mine “Idachaba Samuel” suggested speedyminds and Since my blog is a tool to help activate the minds of youth like you, I opted for the name.
Domain and Hosting?
At some point I asked myself, “how do I get money to buy the domain and as well pay for hosting? I began to create hosting accounts with different hosting companies. When It gets to payment option, I would close the page.
It was a day after, Domainking sent me a mail that they found out that attempted to pay for hosting…… and they offered me one year hosting for N4200 I will discuss domain and hosting in subsequent Episodes of learning blogging and SEO with Law P.
Good news right? But the bad news was that I still didn’t have N4200 to pay for the hosting. I had to run up and down borrowing and I was able to pay for hosting. Then I learned about WordPress and Speedyminds began…
It was 3 weeks after I started blogging that I heard four new things:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Google Analytics.
- Search Console.
- Robots.txt and Sitemap.
You will be familiar with these terms very soon.
I began to spend 20 hours daily on my blog to learn the new things I heard about and derive more joy writing.
All I did was search and read blogging and SEO articles from Harsh of shoutmeloud, WP Beginner, Kinsta, Search engine land, search engine journal, Neil Patel, Brian Dean of Backlinko and so on…
I will say that blogging is awesome. One thing about blogging is that it makes you learn a whole lot (and meet awesome people around).
I think this is a good bus stop. If there is anything you may want to know about my blogging journey so far, use the comment box.
This Brings Us To The End Of lesson of Learning Blogging and SEO with Law P
The second phase will bring even more to the table
Speedy Learning class 102: Blog Niche, Domain Name, Hosting, And WordPress Guide.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? A. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE B. ALL ABOUT WAEC AND NECO C. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS D. ACADEMIC AND CAREER GUIDE E. SCHOLARSHIPS AND INTERNSHIPS F. COMPLETE BLOGGING GUIDE G. PLEASE TAKE ME TO HOMEPAGE