Please help! JAMB Caps Shows “You Are Not Eligible to Use this Service” Why? This is the question a jambite has recently asked me and I decided to put into writing to help someone else too.
In this article I will take out time to explain the causes of this feedback error you are getting from Jamb with effective solutions. keep reading!
i believe you know what is jamb caps if not let me explain;
What Is Jamb Caps?
Caps is an acronym for Central Admission Processing system, this system was first set up by Jamb In 2017 to serve as an housing environment for all admission processing.This system tries to ensure transparency of admission, credibility and quality control. It is from this portal you are able to Check, Accept or even Reject admission offered to you from various institutions.
Haven Understood what Jamb Caps is all about, I will now show you possible causes of the “you are not eligible to use this service”
Causes of ‘not eligible to use this service’ on Jamb Caps
You will only receive this message when trying to check your admission Status or access Jamb Caps if you fall victim of any of the under-listed…
- You selected the wrong Year in jamb
- You filled in your wrong Jamb registration Number
- You did not register for Jamb for the Intended year
- You might have gotten your profile login details manually
How to Bypass the CAPS error “you are not eligible to use this service”
Below is a quick way to check JAMB CAPS and bypass the error in question.
- To log into your JAMB CAPS, visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility ↱. or check the procedures to access CAPS on a laptop or phone
- Locate and Click “Check Admission Status” on the dashboard
- On the resulting page, you will be presented with two options; “Access My CAPS” and “Check Admission Status”. Here, you only need the “Access my CAPS“
- Before clicking, “Access My CAPS“, choose the right year of your exams or admission in the first drop-down box. Then, fill in the correct JAMB registration number in the box below.
- If the year and the exam number match correctly, there won’t be the error, “You are not eligible to use this service”. Otherwise, the error will persist.
You might have gotten your profile login details manually
If the above solution don’t work for you then you might have gotten your profile login details manually.
what do I mean?
During registration, JAMB stopped candidates from using their email addresses for registration and after registration asked candidates to link their email addresses to their JAMB profiles and receive their login details.
However, many candidates decided to create an account manually on the JAMB e-facility page which they used to log in to their JAMB profile.
If you are among the candidates that got your login details by manually signing up on the JAMB e-facility page, it simply means that JAMB is yet to recognize your account and that is why you get the error “you are not eligible to use this service” when you try to access JAMB CAPS.
SOLUTION: See the procedure via this link: How to link email to JAMB profile or portal and get your login details.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- How To Link Email to Jamb Profile 2021/2022
- Create a JAMB CAPS Account (Step To Register)
- Jamb profile Login 2021: Steps To Login And Check Admission!
- can’t login To jamb caps: Invalid Email address solved
- 15 Jamb Caps Frequently Asked Questions & Accurate Answers
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.