Jamb 2022 Direct Entry (DE), Form Release date, Registration closing Date, Screening Dates, Latest Form Updates, deadline extension And Other Jamb DE Latest News Updates, is going to be covered here.
What Is JAMB Direct Entry Admission?
JAMB Direct Entry is mainly for those that already possess a diploma certificate and wishes to go for a degree programme in the university. Normally, those who gained admission into the university via direct entry will start from 200 level in their university of choice provided they were offered admission.
How Much Is Jamb Direct Entry Form 2022?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry (DE) form is N3,500.
Will Direct Entry Students Reprint Slips and Write JAMB?
Direct Entry (DE) Students Won’t Write Exams, Candidates who are seeking admissions through Direct entry will not be subjected to any exams by JAMB. Hence, they’re left out of exams thing.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is an exam meant to test applicants for 100 level admissions. For DE candidates, who are proposing 200 level admissions instead, they’re not to write JAMB exams.
However, DE candidates can be subjected to write a post-DE test. (Not applicable in all schools)
Will DE Applicants Reprint JAMB Slips?
Direct entry (DE) students may be wondering if they also need to reprint slips when their UTME counterparts are doing the same. No, you’re not to reprint slips.
The purpose of the reprint is for those candidates to know their exams centres, dates, time, and seat numbers. Hence, since you’re NOT writing exams, it’s not your concern.
Requirements For Jamb Direct Entry 2022
All applicants must possess either of the diploma certificates listed below:
- A minimum of (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
- NIN FOR JAMB DIRECT ENTRY (If Applicable)
Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry
You may want to know this so, We have compiled the list of universities that accept Lower Credit In Direct Entry for Admission based on the admission requirements recorded in JAMB Brochure and each Institutions Recorded Admission Requirements.
- All private universities – you may need upper credit for some courses.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University formerly Anambra State University (ANSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- Niger Delta University, NDU, Wilberforce
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK), Keffi
- University of Jos, UNIJOS
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, UMYU
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA
- University of Ilorin, UNILORIN (accepts lower credit in history and performer art).
Advantage Of DE 2022/2023
Those who gained admission into the university via direct entry will start from year 2 or 200 level in their university of choice provided they are offered admission. This is the edge they have over their UTME Counterpart.
Eligible Institutions For Jamb 2022:
The Eligible Institution or Institution type that Jamb 2022/2023 registration will be made available on include the following:
- First Degree
- National Diploma (ND)
- National Innovation Diploma (NID)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes
- In Universities
- including other Degree-Awarding Institutions
- Innovation Enterprise Institutes
- Colleges of Education.
When will Jamb Direct Entry (DE) Registration Date start?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has not officially announced the 2022 JAMB Direct Entry Registration date. But registration may likely start in March.
How to Apply for 2022/2023 JAMB Direct Entry in Foreign Countries.
- Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries
- Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
This is all for now on jamb Direct Entry (DE) registration and latest update, I hope you find this article helpful? Leave your comments below and don’t forget to share!
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?