Jamb has announced that Students who wish to register Jamb 2021/2022 must first register for NIN with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to enable them obtain the National Identification Number (NIN). This will become a document for Jamb.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is very important. Apart from Jamb registration, you will need NIN for scholarships and important bank transactions.
Recommended: JOIN MY BLOGGING CLASS (START A BLOG)
Jamb direct entry candidates are also advised to apply for NIN.
How to Register NIN For JAMB 2021/2022
Follow the guide below to obtain your NIN for jamb registration:
- Walk into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (see documents below).
- You will be issued an enrolment form to fill
- Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form.
- Your pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
- The enrolment officer will ask the Jamb candidate to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to you after processing.
- This is what you need to apply for Jamb.
How do I find my JAMB NIN?
You will be given a slip containing your National Identification Number after registering NIN for Jamb. You can also check your NIN by dealing *346# on your Mobile phone. The service costs just N20.
Recommended: JOIN MY BLOGGING CLASS (START A BLOG)
Document You Need To Register NIN for JAMB 2020/2021
If you have any of the following documents, then you are good to go. If you don’t any any, then it is easy for you to get Birth certificate or local government of origin. You can do that within two days.
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
Reasons You Must Register For NIN
The NIN is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you’ll be using your NIN for:
- Obtaining Jamb Form
- obtaining your National e-ID card
- travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- opening personal bank accounts
- getting your driver’s license
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- payment of your taxes
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- transactions with social security implications
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
Information you will see on your NIN slip :
- Title: National Identity Management System, Federal Republic of Nigeria, National Identification Number Slip (NINS).
- Tracking ID
- NIN: 11 digits number
- Issue Date: N/A
- First Name
- Middle Name
- NIN Website, email and call line.
Facts About NIN
- NIN consists of 11 Numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
- Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – that makes it unique in nature.
- In the case of the dealth of an individual, his/her NIN is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established.
- The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity.
- All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.
- The NIN should be closely guarded by individuals and not revealed to all and sundry except to relevant authorities when requested.
I hope you found this article helpful ? Share with Friends using any button below!
Deadline To Enrol NIN For Jamb 2020/2021
Have you been asking if there is Is there a deadline for NiN registration for JAMB? We will like to inform you that NIN registration is a continuous process and exercise.
There is no deadline for NIN registration but on the other hand there is deadline for JAMB registration. Get your NIN now so as to register for JAMB.
is nin compulsory for jamb
Yes NIN is now compulsory for jamb. It is best your information on NIN matches with information on your jamb profile.
There is a belief that information on on NIN will be updated on your jamb profile.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
I am Law P(Lawrence Patrick), Pro-Blogger✍️ Web/Software Developer👨💻