Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB regularization (late application) procedure for candidates with no JAMB registration number.
I believe you’re on this page in order to find answers to any of the following questions.
- What is JAMB regularization?
- Is it compulsory to do it?
- How do I go about applying for it?
- What is the portal or website to do it?
- Does it involve a Biometric/fingerprint?
- What is the closing date?
- How much is it?
- Can it be done at a café or I must go to a JAMB office or CBT centre?
- After the registration what next?
What is JAMB Regularization, Is it Important?
This is an exercise by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board to provide solutions to issues involved in the students’ admissions. These issues may likely hinder such candidates from furthering their studies or proceed to NYSC. And this is the medium through which JAMB comes in to help.
How does this work out?
Lets considers this scenario; Two students.
Student A: He/she was given admission to a polytechnic through the daily part-time program. This Daily Part Time program doesn’t require UTME results from applicants. Hence, admitted candidates for such programs can skip UTME.
Student B: He/She was given admission through the pre-NCE program. Such a student moves to 100 level of his course and completes her NCE. All these he does without writing UTME.
Here is where jamb regularization help arises!
The two students above, after completing their ND or NCE program, now want to proceed to universities through JAMB direct entry form.
Direct entry applicants don’t require writing UTME though, yet they need to pass through JAMB as the body in charge of Nigeria admission administration.
they will have to register for JAMB regularization to:
- provide their information for JAMB such that they can be recognized as students being given admission through JAMB
- re-activate their details with JAMB (if any)
- be given an assigned JAMB registration number which they will need to do things like printing of JAMB admission letter (for future reference), NYSC mobilization purpose after their degree, etc.
Who Must Do JAMB Regularization?
- Direct Entry applicants – These students who had been given admission to their previous programs without JAMB or fall to any of the cases above will be required to do JAMB regularization before they proceed to JAMB CBT center for their direct entry form application.
- HND Students: There two conditions for which HND students can be asked to do it.
- First, before being given HND admission, the school asks you to do it in order not to delay you for NYSC because you will need your JAMB registration number for NYSC.
- Second, some schools may wait till you’re graduated and ask you to do regularization in order to be mobilized for national service.
Documents Needed During JAMB Regularization/Validation/Late Application
Applicants are expected to make the below details available before proceeding with the JAMB Regularization/Late Application Procedures:
1. Candidates Personal Details
- MARITAL STATUS:
- GSM NUMBER:
- DATE OF BIRTH:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- PREVIOUS JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBER:
- YEAR OF ENROLLMENT:
2. Candidates Institution Details
- INSTITUTION ENROLLED
- REASON FOR NOT BEING ON JAMB LIST:
- MATRICULATION NUMBER:
- MATRICULATION YEAR:
- YEAR OF GRADUATION:
- SERIAL NO. ON GRADUATING LIST :
- HEAD OF INSTITUTION:
3. UTME Details
- UTME SUBJECTS
- UTME SCORE:
- SECOND CHOICE:
- FIRST CHOICE:
4. O’LEVEL SUBJECTS AND GRADES:
- O’Level Results
JAMB Regularization Procedure
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page ↗ if you are a new user. For existing users ↗, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar
5. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
13. Click Submit to complete your application
14. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
15. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
16. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
17. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
18. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Quick Questions and Answers on JAMB Regularization
Will I be sent PIN after completing my JAMB regularization?
It’s not PIN you’re expecting, it’s a fresh JAMB registration number if you didn’t fill any during the application.
If you supplied a previous registration number during the application, you only wait for a confirmation message for the approval.
What is the website for JAMB regularization?
You will need to visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./ ↗
Then, you will need to first create a JAMB profile before you fill JAMB regularization. This can be done at a Café or CBT center.
What is the closing date or deadline for JAMB regularization?
It doesn’t end or close. This is because it is a continuous exercise across the year.
You can register anytime.
How much is JAMB regularization?
The official price is N5,000.
You also need to be aware that an internet café or CBT centre will charge you for their services.
Does it Involve Biometric or fingerprint taking?
But you will need your SSCE results and passport photo.
If there are errors or mistakes during the registration how do I correct them?
You can’t correct any mistakes.
Make sure you’re careful and watchful when the registration is ongoing.
Pay more attention to items such as date of birth, gender, town/city, state, etc.
This is all for now about jamb regularization, if you have any questions drop your comments below and don’t forget to share!
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- Direct entry registration without jamb regularization 2022
- How To Print JAMB Original Result Online for 2020/2021
- Steps To Correct Mistakes Made During JAMB Registration
- IF YOU WANT TO WRITE JAMB THIS YEAR: You must follow this Guide!
- Print JAMB Admission Letter for UTME & DE Candidates (Do It Yourself)
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.