Are you looking for JAMB Subject Combination For Mass Communication?
In this article, you will get to know JAMB Subject Combination For Mass Communication, the subjects you are to write in JAMB to study Mass Communication at the University of your choice and the requirements to study Mass Communication in Nigeria for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates as well as schools offering Mass Communication in Nigeria.
What is mass communication?
According to Wikipedia ↱, Mass communication is the process of imparting and exchanging information through mass media to large segments of the population. It is usually understood for relating to various forms of media, as its technologies are used for the dissemination of information, of which journalism and advertising are part.
What can you do with a degree in mass communication?
A lot of opportunities are abound in both the private and public sector with anyone that studied mass communication, this includes;
- Media planner.
- Multimedia specialist.
- Programme researcher, broadcasting/film/video.
- Public relations officer.
- Runner, broadcasting/film/video.
- Social media manager.
- Television/film/video producer.
- Web content manager.
Requirements To Study Mass Communication In Nigeria
Recommended: Jamb Mock Exam Date & Slip Reprinting
- For a start, you need to have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC or NECO) including English and Mathematics not more than two (2) sittings before you can study Mass Communication in Nigeria. However, some schools required one sitting.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet your school cut-off mark for Mass Communication.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
Jamb subject combination for mass communication
- Use of English language
- Literature in English
- Economics or commerce
English remains a must for all jamb candidates.
subject combination for mass communication in waec, neco, gce subjects required for mass communication
Recommended: 70 Hot Key Points In Jamb Physics You Need Now!
If you want to study mass communication and you are about to take your O’level results then this are the subjects that you can consider and take serious in your studies.
- English language
- Literature in English
- Biology science
- Agricultural science
Direct entry subject combination for mass communication
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of your University of choice, and being equivalent to (1) and (4) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
List of universities that offers mass communication
Total Number of Universities: 64
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- American University Of Nigeria , Yola
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bingham University, Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Imota
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Madonna University, Okija
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- National Open University Of Nigeria
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Novena University Ogume
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Pan-Atlantic University, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Redeemers University
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Rhema University , Obeama, Rivers State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- University Of Uyo
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
I hope you find this article helpful ? Share it with someone who you think needs it. Use any social media button.
Recommended: How To Choose A First Choice Course And Institution
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?