NECO SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (SSCE External Registration): The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form and registration for the 2021/2022 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for External Candidates.
NECO GCE registration for Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system i.e. private candidates.
The minimum number of subjects a candidate can register for is eight while the maximum is nine.
The advertisement for the registration and conduct of the examination has been published below:
RECOMMENDED: JOIN MY BLOGGING CLASS (Start a Blog)
How to Apply for NECO GCE Form
- The registration period Begins For 2021 soon, late registration will be two weeks after registration started.
- The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Nine Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Naira (N9,850) Only.
- Stamp Duty: N50.00.
- All payments should be made into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
- Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
NECO SSCE EXTERNAL REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CYBER CAFES AGENTS
1. Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Link in the Top Right Corner.
2. Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you, Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
3. Login: Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ Use your registered email and password to login
4. Download the Offline App: Once you have logged in successfully, you should be able to download the offline app from the dashboard.
5. Activate the Offline App: Use your registered email address and password to activate the offline app. This is a one time event.
6. Register Candidates (s): Register Candidates by collecting candidate information including pictures, fingerprints, Subjects, passports e.t.c.
7. Upload Records: Candidates are required to provide either exam or four figure table tokens as proof of payment. Candidates can purchase tokens via their online accounts.
8. Print Photo Card: Once our system verifies the candidates token, he/she will be issued a photocard with registration number, examination center, and other details, you are done!
NECO SSCE EXTERNAL REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CANDIDATES
1. Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
2. Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
3. Login: Visit https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ Use your registered email and password to login
4. Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful you will be issued exam and / or four figure table token (s)
5. Locate a Registration Point: To register you have to visit any one of the approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
6. Register Offline: Register by providing your information including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
7. Print Your Photo-Card: Provide your token to upload your data, Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo-card with your registration number and details.
Congratulations You are Done!
Attestations Photo Cards And Examination Time-Table
RECOMMENDED: JOIN MY BLOGGING CLASS (Start a Blog)
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
a) The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
b) An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
c) A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
d) A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
e) A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
Lastly, NECO GCE registration entails that you must take note of all the NECO subjects available before you start registration online.
NECO GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?