NECO SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (NECO GCE Registration 2022) The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form and registration for the 2022/2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for External Candidates.
NECO GCE registration for Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system i.e. private candidates.
The minimum number of subjects a candidate can register for is eight while the maximum is nine.
When is NECO GCE Registration 2022/2023
The registration for the NECO GCE 2020/23 always begins as early as August. And the late registration is from October.
Also, the examination often holds from November.
It is important you pay attention to this information.
All candidates are to bear in that for this year’s NECO GCE NOV/DEC private candidate’s exam, the National Examination Council has not yet released the updated version of the Timetable for the 2022 examination.
Thus, the National Examinations Council has neither authorized nor permitted any person/agent or institution to register candidates on behalf of the Council or speak about the registration date.
Also, no registration should be done on a parallel or different website other than mynecoexams.com. Thus, the public is hereby advised to avoid having any transaction outside the regulations of the Council.
The Council will take no responsibility for the consequences.
NECO SSCE EXTERNAL REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CYBER CAFES AGENTS
- As earlier mentioned, registration is strictly online and biometric data capture is an integral part. The use of reputable cyber cafes with good facilities is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates.
- Download Biometric Application: In order to carry out NECO Registration on any computer you need to install the Biometrics Application and Scanner drivers on that computer. Download here ↗.
- A clear copy of the downloaded attestation/photo card should be given to applicants. This photocard must be signed and stamped by an eligible referee should be presented during the examination
- Candidates are no longer required to stamp or submit their attestation/photo cards in NECO state offices.
NECO GCE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CANDIDATES 2022/2023
1. Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ ↗ and clicking the Register Here Link.
2. Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
3. Login: Visit https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ ↗ Use your registered email and password to login
4. Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful you will be issued exam and / or four figure table token (s)
5. Locate a Registration Point: To register you have to visit any one of the approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
6. Register Offline: Register by providing your information including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
7. Print Your Photo-Card: Provide your token to upload your data, Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo-card with your registration number and details.
Congratulations You are Done!
Attestations Photo Cards And Examination Time-Table
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
a) The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
b) An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
c) A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
d) A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
e) A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
NECO EXAMINATION CENTRES
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
Lastly, NECO GCE registration entails that you must take note of all the NECO subjects available before you start registration online.
NECO GENERAL INFORMATION
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate should bring into the examination hall or classroom his/her Own hand sanitizer
- A candidate showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination will not be allowed to continue until he/’she is certified to be medically fit.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- Neco Registration 2022, Exam starting And Closing Date
- WAEC GCE Registration 2022, Exam Date And News
- NECO GCE 29 Subjects in 2022 (Nov/Dec)
- Junior Waec (BECE): Registration And Examination Date 2022
- How to Purchase National Examinations Council (NECO) Token
- JAMB 2022: List of Universities that Accept 120 To 180 - 25 May 2022
- 8 HOT Affiliate Marketing Programs in Nigeria Today - 24 May 2022
- Google AdSense Complete Guide: Start Making Money Now - 20 May 2022