Latest Update On WAEC GCE 2nd Series Registration Form 2021/2022: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how to successfully register for WAEC GCE for the 2022 private candidates, Continue reading for more Details.
WHAT IS GCE EXAM
The General Certificate of Education (GCE) is a subject-specific family of academic qualifications that awarding bodies in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Crown dependencies and a few Commonwealth countries, notably Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Malaysia and Singapore, confer on students
How Much Is WAEC GCE Registration Form 2022/2023?
The price of GCE 2022 form is N13,950 but this price can change anytime, GCE timetable will be released soon.
In this article, I will explain the right steps to register and pass waec gce in one sitting!
Did You Know? It was In 2018 the West African Examinations Council WAEC began conducting two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private candidates.
When is WAEC GCE Registration 2022/2023
The normal registration period is August, 2022 to September 2022
Waec GCE 2022 Registration process
The WASSCE for Private Candidates 2022/2023
First Series will be an urban-based examination. TWENTY FOUR (24) subjects would be available for the Examination. Intending candidates for the examination are, therefore, strongly advised to visit the Council’s corporate website- www.waecnigeria.org – to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the 2022/2023 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
2022 Waec Gce SUBJECTS Selection
English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you because they are compulsory.
You are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination. Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive).
How to Apply for the 2022/2023 WAEC GCE REGISTRATION
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Exam Certificate, WASSCE for Private Candidates First Series are hereby informed that registration would be online.
WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
How to Pay for WAEC GCE FORM Online?
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig. Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay the sum of N500 to the banks/accredited agents. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
REGISTRATION: Candidates must complete online registration within two weeks of first access on the website during registration periods.
They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, date of births and subjects are correct. They are also to print the admission Photo-card as evidence of registration, this will serve as their photo-card during the examination. The result checker pin will also be included. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
CANDIDATES WITH DISABILITIES AND IMPAIRMENT: Candidates with disabilities/impairments will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities/impairment e.g blind, low vision, spastics, speech, e.t.c
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR Waec GCE 2022/2023 Registration
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/ ) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted.
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
WALK-IN CANDIDATES: Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25.000.00) only.
RECOMMENDED: WAEC GCE Timetable (2nd Series) Out – Download PDF
I hope you find this article helpful ?. Share it with someone who you think needs it. Use any social media button.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- WAEC Registration 2022, Exam Date And Latest News
- Junior Waec (BECE): Registration And Examination Date 2022
- NECO GCE Registration 2022, Starting And Closing Date
- WAEC GCE Result 2021/22 out!
- NABTEB GCE Registration Form 2022 (Nov/Dec)
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.