Just recently a student sent a mail saying; “Sir, my JAMB caps is not opening, It continues loading but nothing happens what should I do, am getting worried”.
After carefully analysing the young man’s situation I discovered that he could log in, but on getting to the dashboard, lost when he clicked the “Access Caps” button.
Well…here is a solution for you if you also have similar issue opening jamb caps.
Why is My JAMB CAPS Not Opening? 6 reasons
Reason 1: Your jamb caps is not opening because you don’t have a valid email and password with jamb:
Indeed, all candidates didn’t use emails for jamb registrations this year.
You will need to create an email and link it to your JAMB profile. If you do, JAMB will send a mail containing your login password and other details via email which you can use to log in to your profile and open your jamb caps.
Reason 2: You Can’t Open JAMB CAPS because you forgot your email and password:
This group of the student after successfully creating a jamb caps profile and logging into the jamb portal, there will still say “my jamb caps is not opening”
If you are here then you have no problem at all you can recognize your solution right here: Can’t log in to jamb caps invalid email addresses and passwords (solution).
Reason 3: You Can Log in to caps but can’t access JAMB CAPS Page
This is the reason the young man that contact me couldn’t open his jamb caps.
This error usually happens to candidates who use a mobile phone to access jamb caps rather than a pc.
Follow the method below to open your jambs caps now;
- If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer, locate the card/link for Check Admission Status and click on that
- If you’re using a mobile phone, make sure you change your mobile view to desktop view. To do that, click on the three dots at the right corner of your browser, look for the setting option “Desktop View“. Check the box to change your mobile view to desktop view. Now, click on the Check Admission Status.
- On the next page, there will be two links/buttons to click. Look for the “Access My CAPS” link. Click on that but not the Check Admission Status Link.
- Make sure you choose the correct year of the exam before clicking
- On the next page, you will see a list of links to your left. Locate the Admission Status Link and click
- There you are. You’ve just navigated your way to the JAMB CAPS.
Reason 4: You open jamb caps but Got Error “You Are Not Eligible to Use this Service”:
This issue is for candidates who used their last year’s or the previous year’s JAMB profile for this year’s admission.
When you log in to your jamb profile make sure you select your Current Year before clicking the “Acess My CAPS” button.
If you don’t the error You Are Not Eligible to Use this Service will continue.
You can learn more here: JAMB Caps Shows “You Are Not Eligible to Use this Service” Why?
Reason 5: You open jamb caps but Checking the Admission Status says, “Sorry, You have not been Given Admission Yet…”:
Pay close attention and read line by line what am about to say… If you fall under this category of candidates.
When you click “Access My CAPS” it will take you to the CAPS page where you accept/reject the admission, check upload o’level results and more…
When you click “Check Admission Status” it will check if you’ve accepted the admission from the CAPS page.
So, therefore, you need to forget about “Check Admission Status” and concentrate on the “Access My CAPS” link once you have been offered admission and you accept it then you can check your admission on jamb caps.
Reason 6: You opened Jamb Caps But The Page Shows just “Welcome”…
This often happens when you access caps on a mobile phone. I suggest checking your CAPS using a computer instead of a mobile phone and getting your mobile phone’s browser to the Desktop Site version to see other links and activities on your CAPS.
At this point, we have covered all possible reasons why you can’t log in to jamb caps or open your caps.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?