West African Examination Council (WAEC) Correction of Names, Date of Birth (DOB) Requirements and Step by Step Guidelines for Graduates and Non-Graduates On Results and Certificates.
Mistakes occur in Waec results. Sometimes the mistakes come from you. Other times, it comes from the school or centre that enrolled you for WAEC. The good news is that Candidates whose results are yet to be released or maybe who recently sat for the council examinations can easily requests for corrections of names or date of birth by providing the necessary required documents and guidelines outlined below:
RECOMMENDED: JOIN MY BLOGGING CLASS (Start a Blog)
WAEC Correction of Names, Date of Birth (DOB) / Correction Of Data Requirements
Candidates are required to provide the following documents before proceeding to any of the the state or zonal WAEC Offices Nationwide for corrections.
1. Attestation Letter [This letter can be gotten from your school, showing you were / or still a bonafide student of the institution.]
2. Correction Letter [ The correction letter was to state the errors found in the WAEC result / certificate, Please kindly make sure you admit the mistakes been made]
3. Birth Certificate [This birth certificate MUST be the original one]
4. WAEC Result / Certificate [the one with the error on it]
5. Sworn Affidavit [Be it for Correction of Name or Date of Birth depending on your case]
6. School Register [This are for graduates, you must present your school register showing you were among those graduated from your institution]
7. Cash Sum of N10,000 for Names Correction or Date of Birth Correction, The both correction at once cost N15,000.
Now haven gotten the above required documents you are to proceed to any of the WAEC Zonal, State Offices in your State or the State where you sat or wrote the examination and submit the documents and make the payment stated above.
You are also to provide your contact details such as address and phone numbers to be contacted once the amendment has been processed.
How long does it take for waec to correct wrong date of birth or name in Waec certificate? It will take about 6 to 12 months for WAEC to change your name or date of birth in your WAEC result.
If you can’t wait for 6 months or above, then apply for attestation of result. It is faster and you can correct your name and date of birth in the process.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
- Waec 2021/2022 Withheld Results And When It Would Be Release
- WAEC Registration 2022, Exam Date And Latest News
- NABTEB REGISTRATION 2022, EXAM DATE AND DEADLINE
- Neco Certificate: Collection, Payment and general Guide
- Original WAEC Certificate Collection: How To Go About It Easily
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.