You love the idea of starting a blog. But…you’re not sure what niche to write about Or maybe even the domain name to choose for your blog.
Well, you don’t have to worry More than you already are.
No matter what your roadblock is, I’m here to help.
In this lesson, I will discuss the following;
- Meaning of Blog Niche.
- Why you need a single blog niche to Start blogging
- How to find a niche for your blog (if you’re stuck)
- Best Niche for students who want to blog.
- Best blogging niche for elderly ones.
- Recommended niche for those who are not good at writing.
- High paying Niche.
- Why you should avoid some niche.
- Domain name
- Quality of a good domain name.
- How to choose a perfect domain name.
- How Much To Get A Domain Name?
- The bitter truth about blogging.
- The blogging platform I recommend; WordPress.
- 15 Blogging Mistakes to avoid as a beginner Blogger
Now, sit back and relax, let’s begin the lesson.
What is a blog niche?
If you have missed my blogging class lately check out the recent discussions we had; Speedy learning class 101 Why blogging and SEO is important Introduction to blogging and How I started Speedy learning class 102 Selecting a niche and domain name for your blog pay for web hosting and cost analysis Speedy Learning class 103 On-page SEO and creating high quality content On-site and off-site SEO( Best practices that will boost your Blog)
What on Earth is a blog niche?
According to my words; A blog niche is a specific topic you’ll write (or create other types of content) about on your blog.
Or simply say ; NICHE MEANS TOPIC.
For example, my blog niche will be categorize under “EDUCATION”.
The other types of content on my blog include:
>Jamb, >SSCE > ,SCHOOL NEWS > ,CAREER GUIDE > ,SCHOLARSHIP ALERT and BLOGGING
If you blog about news all around the world or a specific country then you are running a news blog.
If you review phones and laptops on your blog, then your niche is Technology. If you showcase newest cloth design and shoes in the world then your Niche is fashion.
When you create content(topics) about girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife etc. You running a relationship blog.
Now, let me say this…
Before you make a decision on your Blogging niche, you need a clear understanding of who your target audiences are.
Here on speedyminds, my primary audience is Student and Youths. A blog specially for NIGERIA and Nigerians!
Why you need to select a single blog niche?
The entire purpose of a blog is to Share your thoughts and most importantly share your ideas to the world.
So, why then you need to pick a single niche ?
Well, that is because single blog niche will give you a good headstart and focus than starting a blog with multiple niches.
Just like here on speedyminds, I share my thoughts and things that I personally discovered base on research and asking alot of Questions.
there’s no Internet police that will come break down your door if you don’t stick to single niche.
Anyway there are people who’ve found success with a more scattered approach.(multiple niches)
If you feel you can make it by blogging about multiple ones than a single niche then Do it!
How to find a niche for your blog (if you’re stuck)
Finding a perfect niche that you love, profitable and knowledge base is not as easy as you think.
Well, this is because alot of factors need to be consider before you can choose that perfect niche.
follow the guidelines: below
- Pick a topic that you’re passionate about with products that you can sell to make money…but no one else is interested in it, you’re never going to build an audience or earn an income.
- Choose something lots of other people like but you’re not interested in , you’re going to struggle to keep writing blog posts in the future.
- Go with a topic that you love and that also has a huge audience…but no money-making opportunities, then you might become popular, but you won’t earn an income (this one actually might be OK – it depends on your goals!).
Best Niche for students who want to blog.
Students generally have time and are eager to learn.
Are you a student but still thinking about the best Niche for you?
You don’t have to think harder than I thought when I started my blogging journey, I have suggestions for you.
If you are a successful student, then write about the secrets of academic excellence plus questions and answers bank. If you don’t do well in school, write on the top 50 reasons why students fail.
But If you are in a relationship and the boy or girl keeps breaking your heart, then it is time to become a relationship counselor. You know what to blog about in this case right?
Do you love phones? Then dive into technology. There is no harm going into celebrity gossip, politics or school news if you are a good editor.
This is what I am trying to say, choose a topic you enjoy and that you can write on without much struggle.
If you will love to follow my path then you must think wild and Tame and brainstorm up and down and also don’t forget to keep a dictionary by your side too (Lol)
Writing and creating a non-existing content is what I enjoy and do without struggle
Best blogging niche for elderly ones.
Based on their experience, I will recommend counselling, relationship or religion blog for old folks.
This is because the niche doesn’t need frequent updates; unlike news blog where you have to post articles every minute to keep relevant.
This is just a suggestion that ran through my Brain
You can still choose any other Niche that you can cope with. No harm or strings attached.
Recommended niche for those who are not good at writing.
if you can’t create content on your own or you are not really good at writing. No worries!
You can still start your own blog with the following guide below;
- Get news updates, edit them, and post in your blog (News Niche).
- Run a music blog where the only thing you need to do is upload songs. All you have to write is “Don moen, Davido, Wizkid. 2baba, etc just dropped a new song and it is a hit. Use the button below to download and enjoy the song”. Just that simple!!
- You can also try out a tech blog, where you review phones and laptops e.g Samsung has released the long awaited galaxy S9 with amazing specifications… Such as 8gb ram, 64gb rom, 21 mega pixel, 4000 mah battery, and before you know it, you are home and dry.
- You can create a blog where you can sell things ONLINE.
- You can as well create a blog for listicle..Like, top 10 best players in the world, top 10 education blogs in Nigeria, 10 articles on speedyminds, 10 phones you must buy. People love listicles.
- Create a blog to promote a brand.
- And many more.
High paying Niche.
You don’t want to blog for the purpose of passion or to share your own ideas. All you want is to choose a niche, start a blog and make money.
well, i have selected top niches for you to earn More Cash
the following pay more…
- Technology blog
- News blog.
- Entertainment and Celebrity gossip.
- Blogging and Wordpdress Tutorials.
- High quality product review and a few others.
Why you should avoid some niche.
The so called high paying niche are very competitive and already saturated. It will be very hard to succeed there.
But With a high determination, trust me you can do it.
What is a domain name?
According to Wikipedia:
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control within the Internet. Domain names are formed by the rules and procedures of the Domain Name System (DNS). Any name registered in the DNS is a domain name.
so much big Grammer that will add more salt to the injury
Let’s break the confusion;
According to me; Domain name is a name given to your blog.
Examples of domain name;
I will Simply put, domain extension is what comes after the dot in your domain. E.g .com, .co.uk, .ng, .co.za, .org, .blogspot and so on!
Quality of a good domain name.
There are setting factors that you will need to put into consideration when choosing a domain.
They tips will guide you on how to choose a perfect domain name for your Blog.
Your domain name should be short.
- It should be easy to recall, e.g speedyminds.com, cnn.com.
- It is advisable that, you should use s a top level domain such as .com and .org.
- It should be relevant to your blog niche, e.g livescores.com and goal.com.
- Your domain name should be easy to write.
- It should be unique.
- Creating a domain that exactly matches your topic is great for SEO (Exact match domain).
- Avoid hyphens!
- Use the name you know that people would like.
How Much To Get A Domain Name?
Depending on the extension and whether it is a premium domain, getting a domain name may cost between $2 to $3000. In Naira, you could get a domain name as from N1500 per year.
The good news is that certain hosting companies offer free domain name for the first year.
Currently my site is hosted on
The bitter truth about blogging
Blogging is not a tree where you pluck money and it is not an easy source of income. Blogging requires dedication, hard work and creativity.
so, if you want to excel in the world of blogging. Prepare your mind and body, Because once IN there is no way OUT Unless you have FAILED.
The blogging platform (WordPress), web Hosting, Cost Analysis and a complete Guide on how to design a blog is in the next topic. Scroll down and Read.
Speedy Learning class: WordPress, pay for hosting ,Cost Analysis and designing a Blog
Note: Before moving to the next topic, Ensure to have at least N10,000 in your account if you want your blog to be live
15 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid as a Blogger
If I keep on writing, Reading will become so! Boring and so I have Crafted perfect 15 Blogging Mistakes to avoid on a different page.
I hope you find a perfect niche and domain for your blog. Don’t forget to drop your comment below and share with friends.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED? A. COMPLETE JAMB GUIDE B. WAEC AND NECO GUIDE C. COMPLETE BLOGGING GUIDE D. SCHOLARSHIP AND OPPORTUNITIES E. ACADEMICS AND CAREER GUIDE F. LATEST NIGERIA SCHOOL NEWS G. TAKE ME TO HOME PAGE
- How To Start A Blog And Make Money In School
- 9 Killer Ways to Make Your Blog Popular
- 11 Blog Topics To Drive Traffic This Year
- 10 Reasons why your blog is getting low traffic
- 15 Blogging Mistakes New Bloggers Do And How to Fix it
I am Law P (Lawrence Patrick), Affiliate Marketer, Education Consultant, SEO Expert, Web & Software Developer.